KYLE MITCHELL (PHYSIOTHERAPIST)
- Doctor of Physiotherapy - Bond University, DPhty
- Bachelor of Science – University of British Columbia, BSc
- Level 1 Sports Physiotherapist
Kyle is originally from Vancouver, Canada who has now settled here on the Gold Coast after completing his Doctor of Physiotherapy degree at Bond University. He is a highly qualified therapist with experience in sports, post-surgical, and musculoskeletal physiotherapy.
Currently, Kyle is the team physiotherapist for the Bond University AFL club providing on field management on game day, and injury assessment and rehabilitation throughout the season. He also is the team physiotherapist for the U15 Australian Baseball team, travelling with the team to Japan in 2016 for the world championships.
In addition, Kyle has a passion for vertigo, balance disorders and vestibular rehabilitation, with significant experience in treating these conditions. He has a particular interest in treating BPPV and is able to perform the Epley manoeuvre safely and effectively. Kyle has undergone further training to develop his skills to provide thorough rehabilitation and exercise prescription for people with balance issues.
Kyle is also fortunate to be a part of educating students within the Doctor of Physiotherapy program at Bond University. He facilitates practical sessions as well as tutoring within the musculoskeletal subjects of the program regularly. He also provides supervision during practical placements for students in the clinic setting.
In regards to treatment, Kyle’s focus is on providing education on your injury or condition in a way that is understandable. He is able to use evidence based treatments including manual therapy, dry needling, shockwave therapy, and exercise prescription to assist in treating your condition and achieve your goals.
- Western Acupuncture and Dry Needling, Gold Coast 2015
- Sports Level 1 Course, Brisbane 2016
- Vestibular Rehabilitation, Gold Coast 2014
- Senior First Aid and CPR, Paradise First Aid, Current
INVOLVEMENT WITH TEAMS AND ASSOCIATIONS:
- Bond University AFL Club, Team Physiotherapist 2016 - Present
- Member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association 2014 – Present
- Australian U15 National Baseball Team, Team Physiotherapist 2016 - Present
- Major League Baseball Australian Academy Program (MLBAAP) 2014 – Present
- Mudgeeraba Soccer Club, Physiotherapist 2014 – 2015
PERSONAL INTERESTS AND SPORTING EXPERIENCES:
- Diehard baseball (Toronto Blue Jays) and hockey (Vancouver Canucks) fanUSA Collegiate Baseball Player – 2002-2004
- Academic All-American 2004
- Gold Coast Suns Fan