DANIEL JONES (SPORTS PHYSIOTHERAPIST)
- Bachelor of Science (Melb)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Hons) (Melb)
- Master of Sports Physiotherapy
- Level 3 Sports Physiotherapist
Experienced Sports Physiotherapist, enthusiastic about acute Injury assessment, management and treatment of musckuloskeletal conditions in all age groups and activity levels, from teenagers to elite athletes.
I have over 10 years experience working in elite sport, including Basketball, Australian Rules Football, Rugby League Netball and Soccer at National and International level. I design and implement rehabilitation programs to return players to the field after injury or surgery, and assist coaches in the appropriate modification of training for those players that have chronic issues that need to be managed.
Treatment modalities include manual therapy, manipulation and massage, joint mobilisation, dry needling, electrotherapy, cryotherapy, exercise rehabilitation prescription including strength, core, plyometric and running programs.
I have a special interest in treating shoulder, hip, groin and knee and tendon injuries.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS:
- Member of Australian Physiotherapy Association (2003-Present)
- Member of Sports Physiotherapy Association (2003-Present)
- Member of Sports Medicine Australia (2009-Present)
INVOLVEMENT WITH TEAMS AND ASSOCIATIONS:
- Kilsyth Cobras Basketball Club SEABL
- Netball Victoria
- Melbourne Phoenix/Vixens Netball Club
- Melbourne Victory FC
- Nagoya Grampus FC Japan
- Gold Coast Suns Football Club
- Young Socceroos
- Gold Coast Titans